A BIOGRAPHY OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE
I will be releasing my next book, it’s number 19 or 20, but who’s counting? It is entitled, A BIOGRAPHY OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE: AND HOW TO DEFEND THE PROTESTANT SCRIPTURES IN THE 21ST CENTURY.
There won’t be a lot of fanfare. (I can’t afford it). So I’ll need your help in getting the word out. Here is the text from the back cover and the cover itself for you to take look. Please share this with your friends or others you think will be interested.
For eager beavers, the book will appear available on Amazon only briefly, possibly later today. It’s just the way publishing with Amazon’s KDP service works. Price is $21.95. It’s 330 pages, 92,000 words. I’m always long-winded. But I won’t leave it out there long. I think if you indicate on Amazon on my author page, S Douglas Woodward, that you follow me, it will pop up and let you know it’s available. But I likely will make it unavailable a few hours later (if I don’t fall asleep first tonight).
FROM THE BACK COVER
Serious students of the Protestant Bible have a strong grasp of what the Bible teaches. But few actually know how we got our Bible and why we can trust that what it says today is what it said two millennia ago. S. Douglas Woodward ar-gues that knowing ABOUT our Bibles is almost as crucial as knowing what’s in it. A Biography of the Christian Bible is a tour-de-force, 300-page history supplying what’s best described as a “biography” of the Bible —and how to defend its authenticity and accuracy against skeptics the 21st century. It might be the most important book on the Evangelical view of the Christian Bible in a decade.
• How the Bible was composed and copied.
• How it was transmitted through the centuries, stage-by-stage.
• How the Old Testament was altered by rabbis in the 2nd century A.D.
• The ancient cities and historical figures that shaped the Bible’s structure.
• What role the Greek Septuagint plays in restoring the Old Testament text.
• Why today’s Bible can have imperfections and still provide God’s Word.
• What Bible version provides the most accurate record of its autographs.
• Old Testament chronology and how it differs from conventional thinking.
• The books “banned from the Bible” and the argument for the Apocrypha.
• How we know the Bible is true based on history and fulfilled prophecy.
• The challenges of “higher criticism” and how to defend against it.
• The irrefutable evidence that proves the Septuagint was the Apostle’s Bible.
No Comments on THE NEW BOOK IS COMING – NEXT WEEKEND